Finding the Right REALTOR® for Your Real Estate Needs
Whether you are looking for a home of your very own or are interested in creating a long term working relationship with a realtor for the purposes of property investment it is very important that you find a realtor who will listen to your needs and wishes and act accordingly. The right realtor for your needs can mean all the difference in the world between a successful and profitable transaction now as well as many more in the future (if you plan on investing in multiple properties). Below are some important tips brought to you by O’Brien Realty to use when selecting a REALTOR®.
- Does the REALTOR® you are considering listen to your needs? This is important as it will save you both a lot of time and money in the process of finding the perfect home for your family or for an investment property. If the REALTOR® is constantly presenting properties that do not meet your budget or price requirements it might be a good idea to either lay down the law or find a REALTOR® that is willing to expect your wishes and needs.
- Does he or she ask questions and provide appropriate feedback? This indicates a direct interest in your needs, which is important—particularly when planning for a long-term investment relationship though some find it even more important when purchasing a home for their family home as this is a personal matter rather than a business matter. We all have a tendency to be more selective when placing the welfare of our family in the hands of another.
- Do you feel comfortable dealing with the real estate agent you are considering? As I mentioned above we tend to be a little choosier when selecting professionals to help our families. Why on earth would be any less so when it comes to the realtor that will help our families find a home? Rapport is a good word to describe the sort of relationship you need to develop with your realtor. Do you have a good rapport with a potential realtor? If not, then move along. There are many realtors in most cities and there is absolutely no reason that you should deal with a realtor that doesn’t make you feel comfortable and secure.
- How well does the real estate agent in question know the area in which you are seeking a home? There are many things that make a home a ‘good buy’ for residential and investment purposes. You want a REALTOR<® that has his or her finger on the pulse of the city and the various areas of interest, growth, and decline within the city. School districts matter more now than at any other time in our history in most cases, he or she should know about the schools, new business developments, and the value of property in the area (as well as the tendencies of property values to rise or fall over the last several years).
- Does the REALTOR® in question have specific experience dealing with your specific real estate needs? Whether you are planning a residential transaction or if you are seeking investment property you will need a dedicated and experienced professional that can help you meet your goals.
You don’t need to invest time and energy shopping around for the right REALTOR®, you will find the right real estate agent for all of your real estate transactions at O’Brien Realty.
Our real estate agents also have a significant online presence, which is important in this digital world that we live in. This is good for you because he or she is making use of the available technology in order to offer more options to you as the consumer.
Buying a house can be a mind-boggling process for the average person. Having a good REALTOR® can make the process work so much more smoothly. Don’t waste another minute call O’Brien Realty today.